THE REAL FOURTH REICH
Disclaimer: These are articles of interest by a variety of great journalists about topics I care about with an abundance of occasional personal comment thrown in, to add some humor, insight, disagreement, predictions and I make no claims to be the total author of the articles, but I will defend their thoughts and mine with my being. I am privileged to know some great writers.
They do however fly the same flight plans I have flown. My map is a love of country and freedom for which many have made the ultimate sacrifice and a distinct approach to those who would desecrate those values. Truth, Honesty, Honor, Commitment and Valor are not the buzzwords of the current administration.
POTS , KETTLES AND IN THE RED
Politicians, including President Trump, seemed to have learned very little from an election in which anger toward them overtook all other emotions. Dismay over the arrogance and dishonesty of politicians who forget whom they work for spurred 46 percent of the electorate to vote for an outsider precisely because he was not experienced.
We call it Putz Syndrome, beyond stupid getting played.
Consider what we have seen from Trump:
- He refuses to release his tax returns, as marchers throughout the country decried on Saturday.
- He refuses to sever ownership of his businesses.
- He refuses to eschew monies and benefits (e.g., copyrights) from foreign governments that violate the emoluments clause.
- He refuses to pay for his own trips (numbering seven) to and from his Mar-a-Lago property. Instead somewhere between $7 million and $21 million is charged to taxpayers.
- “With President Donald Trump making his seventh presidential trip this weekend to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, government watchdogs and Democrats are once again seeing dollar signs: namely, $3 million. That’s a widely used estimate of what each journey costs taxpayers. . . .
- A conservative group that closely monitors presidential expenses puts the tab for each Mar-a-Lago visit closer to $1 million.” That comes on top of security costs associated with his wife and son’s residence in New York. No one suggests they be forced to move, only that the billionaire family pick up the tab.
- He now refuses to release the White House visitors logs, which tell us who is visiting the president in housing provided by the taxpayers.
Trump now epitomizes the greedy, self-indulgent politicians he ran against. Moreover, he seems to be setting the tone for others.
MAKE THE LIAR - IN - CHIEF LEAVE SOON and GET RID OF HIS CABINET
THE T-RUMP has brought lying , cheating, divisiveness, prejudice, hatred and incompetence to reign higher than ever, and a few of the GOP voting base are asking, “What did we do?” Those same folks when they find out in the coming months and years how much, what little they had, they lost at the hands of the T-RUMP and the GOP.
Thats if they survive the broken promises and lies, they might be able to redeem themselves by not getting anywhere near a voting booth again. Frankly they have screwed up enough, they are the ones I blame for the forthcoming desecration, of values, personal freedoms and caring for your fellow man.
When he promised the coal miners their jobs back, he missed the boat. Great promise if you had a market for coal. Even China is trying to get away from coal. Just look at their atmosphere, try breathing in that country.
Those folks will get totally ruined when the scams and promises don’t work. T-RUMPS cabinet almost to a member reflects those who care little about you. Ghandi a man of far more morale standing and courage said Mammon is their GOD.
And Ghandi said, " Dislodge the money God called "Mammon" from the throne and find a corner for a poor God. I think America has a very big future but in spite of what is said to the contrary, it has a dismal future if it swears by “Mammon". "Mammon" has never been known to be a friend of any of us to the last. He is always a false friend”.
And it’s neither a Conservative nor Liberal approach I believe in, I am an Independent voter politically speaking, smartly frugal but not crazy, but caring for others and lending a hand is a human and moral approach. The TRUMP cabinet with an estimated 14.5 Billion dollars worth of people is not exactly the swamp drained people we want to represent the middle and struggling lower class, they are the ones who have all the money and don’t try to make it paycheck to paycheck.
“Make America Great Again”, it will never happen, unless the rising decent of the populace wakes up now before any more damage is done by this phony and liar. Town halls, marches, and gatherings are building a force that will change things in 2018 and 2020. Sooner or later Mammon catches up to the greedy, and the GOP will self destruct. Let them build that wall and then throw Donald and his crew over it.
Take your signs, slogans, cute hats and patriotic TRUMP outfits to the dump, not the cleaners. Herr T-RUMP has awakened and championed the dark side, anti-semitism, prejudice, attacks on the transgender community, voting rights, women’s rights pollution, even Sweden somehow got dragged in. Nothing is sacred anymore except the self adornment he promotes on himself through his nit-tweets.
Someone wrote yesterday gave me a thought and agree: He is who he is. Just follow his business dealings for decades. Lying, cheating contractors who couldn’t pay legitimate earnings to their workers, his numerous bankruptcies which avoided payment to others, and a self-indulgent picture of grandiosity.
HOW DID AMERICA ELECT A LIAR, A CROOK, A NARCISTIC BLOWHARD
Blame the American Voter, Fareed Zakaria once said, “ The American voter is the least informed voter relying mostly on name recognition”, and I added “ This side of a Communist Country”. Using his minions to meet with the Russian ambassador, lying to Congress, etc. He is a capable of change melding into other forms as needed. He might just appear in Star Trek 96 as a changeling, aliens who become any life form.
Hmmm, No chance, he doesn’t like aliens. He would however be perfect for the role. He will say whatever it takes to get off the spot and Tweet other outrageous statements to distract from yesterday’s bad news. He has violated his oath of office "To Protect And Defend the Constitution of the United States"
T-RUMP was not the answer and for those who don’t care as to how they are really about to be treated and do not see this man for who he really is, you will one day. Hillary said something about “ DEPLORABLES” that unfortunately caused righteous indignation for the GOP base. Unfortunately it was dead on.
Speaking at a New York fundraiser on Friday night, generalized that “You could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables” referring to Trump’s support among racists, xenophobes, and sexists in America. And America was warned, we will now have to pay the price for our weakness and believing this man who has no heart really cares about anything other than himself. Within a year they will be the ones wanting to get rid of the T-RUMP and it will not be nice.
LYING HAS BECOME CONSTANT - THE CONSTANT NORM
The international crisis merely underscored one closer to home. Trump’s first 100 days in office have become a leak-filled mess, with the fortunes of various aides rising and falling in rapid frequency.
Stephen Bannon, his chief strategist, and his precocious understudy, Stephen Miller, received much of the derision for Trump’s controversial executive order on immigration. Still banned by a federal appeals court ruled against the ban.
At the same time, the president has had issues with the performance, dress code, and even S.N.L.depiction of his press secretary, Sean Spicer who is redefining the role of press secretary by donning a Democratic Donkey Mask because Washington has termed him a Jackass.
Kellyanne Conway, his counselor, has pirouetted from sticky situation to sticky situation—from referring to Spicer’s outright lie about inaugural crowd size as an “alternative fact” to possibly breaking federal law when she gave daughter Ivanka Trump’s clothing brand an advertisement on Fox News—seemingly unscathed in her boss’s eyes, but undoubtedly damaging her public credibility. They have her buried in a back closet anytime cameras are around. She is as dumb as that other TRUMPET, Katrina something who gave rocks she was dumber than a bad name.
Meanwhile, chief of staff Reince Priebus seemed poised to ascend after the successful rollout of Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch. Last week, my colleague Sarah Ellison referred to the rollout as “Reince’s Revenge.” The only revenge in Reince’s forecast is Hemorrhoids from Bannon.
The great issue of today is lying — constant lying in public. Lying is the ally of faction and, since President Trump’s rise to power, it is the greater danger.
Yes, the word is lying — not negotiation, salesmanship, bluster, attention-getting, delusion, deception, braggadocio, exaggeration, bullying, alternative facts, or any other euphemism. Once, President John F. Kennedy could say that our national problems were no longer ideological but technical. Lying on a grand scale has reversed that and it’s hard to keep up.
HOW DOES IMPEACHMENT WORK (ABBREVIATED)
American University Professor Allan Lichtman was one of the few professional prognosticators to call President Trump’s win in November. Using his system of “Keys to the White House,” which postulates that presidential elections are a reflection on the party in power, he said Trump was headed for the presidency. Then, just before the election, he doubled down and was right.
And he made a second prediction, too that Trump will be impeached before his time in office ends.
Now, he's written a whole book explaining how that could happen, titled “The Case for Impeachment,” publishing on April 18. Lichtman lays out eight ways that Trump could get in trouble, set against the historic background of previous presidential impeachments.
The House of Representatives basically decides what constitutes impeachment, and it could be any violation of the public trust, whether or not it’s a crime. And finally there’s great depth in Donald Trump’s history, and at least through mid-March, the events of his presidency. And it lays out, believe it or not, eight different grounds on why Donald Trump could be removed from office.
It’s not uncommon, and America’s framers kind of believed that impeachment was a critically important element of the Constitution — to be a check on a rogue president who they believe could otherwise smash through even the checks and balances built into our system.
He believes one of the reasons Trump is vulnerable to impeachment is that he shares many of the same traits as Richard Nixon, and poses the same kind of threat to our constitutional system, our liberties and our freedoms.
Republicans control both houses of Congress and the White House. Why would House Republicans impeach their own guy?
• They’re not going to unless the American people demand it. Yes, the power of impeachment is lodged in the US House of Representatives, but they are the people’s house, and they are responsive to the people.
• The Republican Congress could conceivably move to impeachment if they believe Trump is a liability to them, and remember, every member has to stand for reelection in 2018.
• And Trump has no long-standing relationship with these members of Congress. He hasn’t really been a mainstay of the Republican Party.
• And there is also the possibility that in 2018 you have a wave election, which gives Democrats control of the House and completely changes the political dynamic.
• Not all Republicans have to be in favor of impeachment. If Democrats want it, and two dozen Republicans, approximately, switch, you have enough votes for impeachment. All it takes is a simple majority.
• And finally, remember: Republicans really don’t trust Donald Trump. He’s a loose cannon. But they love Mike Pence. He’s a down-the-line Christian conservative dream president for the Republicans in Congress.
• Trump should not be impeached because he’s an unconventional president, because he’s breaking the molds of tradition, or even because he’s unpopular.
• Rather, Trump should be impeached if and when he becomes a serious threat to our constitutional order, to our freedoms and liberties, and to the national security of the United States.
Potential removal of Donald Trump, based on his early presidency and his many decades of history as a businessman.
• Trump has repeatedly, as a businessman, flouted the law. He kind of began his career by getting in trouble with the Department of Justice, which had a very strong case against him that he’d broken the Fair Housing Act.
• Reporting indicated that he’d broken the Cuban embargo in the 1990s, when that was a serious crime.
• Reporting also indicated that he had broken laws with respect to the employment of illegal immigrants, ironically contradicting his own campaign, and there are certainly laws that he could now break, for example, laws that ban torture.
• Over the course of his entire business career, he has a pattern of playing fast and loose with the law, and letting statutes of limitations run out, settling cases, protracting lawsuits, walking away from failed deals.
• He also has a pattern and practice of not telling the truth. That is not just something that started when he was a candidate.
• His overriding pattern is Donald Trump first, and nothing else matters nearly as much. And when you’re not president, you can get away with that, you can walk away from things. But as president, you can’t. You are accountable for what you do and for what you say. And what is the ultimate accountability for a president? That accountability is impeachment.
WASHINGTON POST ABBREVIATED
West Wing staffers always matter, but never more so than when the president they serve lacks deep ideological convictions. It is clearer than ever that whoever has Donald Trump’s ear controls the direction of the country. Now we understand... Donald has Cranial-Rectal Dyslexia and they suggest things from the wrong end.
Reflecting the declining influence of chief strategist and Fourth Reich Chairman Stephen K. Bannon and the growing power of former Goldman Sachs President Gary Cohn, Trump broke Wednesday with several populist and nationalist positions that he espoused on the campaign trail: Nice way of saying he lied on the big issues because he was wrong.
1. The president pledged his full support for NATO. “It was once obsolete; it is no longer obsolete,” he said during an afternoon press conference, after meeting with the organization’s secretary general.
2. He told the Wall Street Journal he will not label China a “currency manipulator.” As a candidate, he pledged to do so on his first day in office.
3. He expressed openness to reappointing Barack Obama’s Federal Reserve Board chair. Last year, he said Janet Yellen should be “ashamed” of what she was doing to ruin the country.
4. He disavowed his position on interest rates. Trump told The Post in an interview when he was a candidate that the low rates might be creating “ a bubble where you go into a very massive recession.”
5. He recanted his call for closing the Export-Import Bank. “I don’t like it because I don’t think it’s necessary,” Trump told Bloomberg News during the campaign. “It’s sort of a featherbedding for politicians and others, and a few companies.
6. OMB director Mick Mulvaney said Trump’s promise to get rid of the national debt was never meant to be taken literally. “It's fairly safe to assume that was hyperbole,” he said during a CNBC sit-down that aired yesterday. “I'm not going to be able to pay off $20 trillion worth of debt in four years. I’d be being dishonest with you if I said that I could”.
7. The administration is already watering down its lobbyist ban. High on the list of Trump’s promises in his “Contract with the American Voter,” released last October, was an ironclad “five-year ban” on White House officials becoming lobbyists after they leave the government.
8. Trump no longer believes the military is a disaster. During an interview with Fox Business Network's Maria Bartiromo that aired yesterday morning, Trump waxed poetic about U.S. military might. “It's so incredible. It's brilliant. It's genius. Our technology, our equipment, is better than anybody by a factor of five,” he said. “In terms of technology, nobody can even come close to compete”.
LYING IS EASY WHEN YOU HAVE DONE IT ALL YOUR LIFE
As lying comes easily to Trump, it should come first in every report about his administration. Trump doesn’t lie about this and that, and he doesn’t lie sometimes. He is a liar, a person who lies. As in business in NY ask the 3500 folks who sued him. They lose he has more lawyer power, the other biggest cons in NY. This news should be reported everywhere. Combined with his braggadocio speeches and self adornment, anyone too stupid to know they are being jerked off should seek medical help.
Politicians have lied before, but this is not an old problem getting worse. Indeed, past presidents have sometimes paid dearly for the mere appearance of a lie. A man of great good character and a lifetime of public service, President George H.W. Bush, said “Read my lips,” which was branded a lie, and he lost an election. He meant well but things changed and it didn’t fly.
Accusations of lying — “Lying Hillary” — tainted Hillary Clinton’s run for president. President Bill Clinton told a lie in public and under oath and the scandal got him impeached. The impeachment gained some weight from the sound legal principle that a liar in one thing is likely to lie about other things. That principle should be applied to Trump.
By the frequency of his lying, Trump has revealed a truth we have avoided confronting: Like partisanship, regular and habitual lying is an existential threat to us, to our institutions, our memories, our understanding of now and of the future, to the great American democratic experiment, and to the planet. It blurs the truth, subverts trust, interferes with thought, and destroys clarity.
It drives us to distraction.It’s impossible to overstate what is at stake. “I won,” says Trump truly, following it up with lies about landslides, voter fraud and crowd size. Every American should be alarmed. It ought to be the lead in every article about him and his administration, no matter the subject.
WHAT IS FAKE
Lying at this level is a threat to the Republic, the world, our allies, our enemies and most important of all those 38% who believe T-RUMP is the answer and supported him. The only problem is they also believe in the Tooth Fairy and that World Wide Wrestling is real. I can believe the tooth fairy part, much of his audience should see a dentist.
Linda McMahon, husband of Vince McMahon former wrestler who is the billionaire owner of World Wide Entertainment, was selected for Secretary of Small Business, we can assume we will have wrestling schools all over the US. She can work with that other billionaire bimbo Betsy DeVos who is about as talented as some of the wrestlers that perform for McMahon.
TRUMP is building ( under Bannon’s plan which is waning) the Fourth part of the Democracy, the TRUMP power which will dominate over the other three parts. This is Bannon’s plan and if you don’t see it, then it is already too late.
THE DONALD J. TRUMP
THE THIRTEEN LIES, EXAGGERATIONS and FALSEHOODS
HE TOLD THE WORLD IN HIS CONGRESSIONAL ADDRESS.
THE TRUTH ABOUT THESE STATEMENTS
LIES ON THE PAGES OF THE POST MARCH 2nd , 2017
President Trump’s maiden address to Congress was notable because it was filled with numerous inaccuracies. In fact, many of the president’s false claims are old favorites that he trots out on a regular, almost daily basis. And his staff follows in his footsteps. His falsehoods, exaggerations and plain old lies and mis-information could fill the craters on the moon.
He creates so much over the top pure exaggerations and Bullshit, he can’t separate truth from fiction and probably believes half the dung he excretes, it’s a normal function of the mind to believe lies told over and over again. [Dr. Joseph Goebbels]. The post dissected each claim in many cases rating them at four Pinocchio's.
- “We have begun to drain the swamp of government corruption by imposing a five-year ban on lobbying by executive branch officials — and a lifetime ban on becoming lobbyists for a foreign government.”
- “We’ve defended the borders of other nations, while leaving our own borders wide open, for anyone to cross — and for drugs to pour in at a now unprecedented rate.”
- “Since my election, Ford, Fiat Chrysler, General Motors, Sprint, SoftBank, Lockheed, Intel, Walmart and many others have announced that they will invest billions of dollars in the United States and will create tens of thousands of new American jobs.”
- We’ve saved taxpayers hundreds of millions of dollars by bringing down the price of the fantastic new F-35 jet fighter, and will be saving billions more dollars on contracts all across our government.”
- We have cleared the way for the construction of the Keystone and Dakota Access Pipelines — thereby creating tens of thousands of jobs — and I’ve issued a new directive that new American pipelines be made with American steel.”
- “As we speak, we are removing gang members, drug dealers and criminals that threaten our communities and prey on our citizens. Bad ones are going out as I speak and as I have promised throughout the campaign.”
- “By finally enforcing our immigration laws we will raise wages, help the unemployed, save billions and billions of dollars and make our communities safer for everyone.”
- “Millions lifted from welfare to work is not too much to expect.”
- “Ninety-four million Americans are out of the labor force.” 85% are not in the job market.
- “America has spent approximately $6 trillion in the Middle East, all this while our infrastructure at home is crumbling. With this $6 trillion we could have rebuilt our country — twice.”
- “The murder rate in 2015 experienced its largest single-year increase in nearly half a century. In Chicago, more than 4,000 people were shot last year alone — and the murder rate so far this year has been even higher. This is not acceptable in our society.”
- “Jamiel’s 17-year-old son was viciously murdered by an illegal immigrant gang member, who had just been released from prison. But the vast majority of unauthorized immigrants do not fit Trump’s description of aggravated felons, whose crimes include murder
- “I can tell you the money is pouring in. Very nice.” Trump ad-libbed this line after mentioning that he was pressing NATO allies. Where?
NOT SO GREAT MOVIES
A FEW BAD MEN
DONALD J. TRUMP
THE PRESS: President Trump did you order the botched Immigrant ban?
JUDGE DREDD: You don’t have to answer that question!
DONALD T-RUMP: I’ll answer the question. You want answers?
THE PRESS: I want the truth!
DONALD T-RUMP: You can’t handle the truth!
We live in a world that needs walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. And I’m going to build bigger, super humongous, super strong, magnificent, more better, more wonderful, more longer, more awesome, spectacular, incredibly great, breathtaking, monstrous, phenomenal, and simply put, astounding wonderful walls built with American steel made from all the cars we will repo from the illegal immigrants on our Southern Border. And I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom... I will have to get the Mexicans to pay for it!
And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. Because I am the only one who can negotiate it. No one else has the smarts I do.
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to Americans who rise and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I, “Donald The Protector Provides” and it will get better when I get a security guy since no one wants to work for me.
THE PRESS: Again, did you order the IMMIGRANT BAN thats so screwed up?
DONALD T-RUMP: You’re Goddamn right I did! And the assholes on my staff did a great job on it except for the legal issues, a few loose parts and those schmucks are screwing it up again. Who the F*ck do those JUDGES think they are? Who does Paul Ryan think he is, and I’m running out of crazy accusations to stall with. Get Steve Miller to address the country. That will start a war with Mexico and we won’t need Mexican money to build the F*ckin wall.